skip to main | skip to sidebar

2013年5月28日 星期二

Changing the Face of Network Marketing - Business - Networking

I want to share a secret with you...I joined a network marketing company this year. Before you hit the delete button give me five minutes to tell you why I did what I did.

So what is network marketing?

Network marketing is a way of marketing products where distributors hire other distributors and each distributor makes a percentage off their own sales as well as a percentage off of the sales of all distributors they hire, or their distributors hire, going down a number of levels. The number depends on the different companies' compensation plans. This is called residual income; income that you get from others' sales. In this way, every person in the company gets the help and support that they need in order to succeed. Some call it people-to-people sharing, or personal marketing, or even relationship marketing. Whatever the name it's a way of doing business that benefits all people in the company instead of just a few at the top. Let's look at its history.

Network marketing has been around since the 1930's when the Fuller Brush Company and Stanley Home Products first started using 'Referral Marketing' to recruit new salespeople. From that time many companies have come and gone, and many have continued on. For instance, Wachters Sea Products was founded in 1932 and still to this day runs their business through network marketing. Using this type of format affords the company the advantage of using the best advertising around, word of mouth. Seeing a commercial on television is far inferior to hearing first hand from a friend or acquaintance about a product that works for them. This also allows the potential customer to ask questions, finding out more about the product from someone who uses it. The other advantage to network marketing is the fact that salespeople hire and train new salespeople. Who knows better the skills needed to be a successful salesperson than a successful salesperson already in the company?

Somewhere though, network marketing established a reputation that was unfavorable to the general public. Dishonesty runs rampant in some companies. Certain companies practiced inviting people to their homes for dinner, only to find out when they got there that it was actually a sales pitch for the company. Other companies gave themselves the name of 'network marketing' but were actually pyramid scams. A pyramid scam is when a prospect pays in an amount of money and gets others to pay that same amount of money without an exchange of any product or service. Pyramids are illegal. Network marketing is not a pyramid in that the basis of making money is selling your product as well as getting others to sell the product, thereby creating direct and residual income.

For me, network marketing means many advantageous things. Time freedom is one. I still have to work, and I have to work hard but I get to choose when I work, where I work and how often I work. If I want, I can take off at a moments notice to hike an alpine trail or take a Friday off and escape to a quaint little bed and breakfast in the North Cascade mountains without having to worry about getting my leave approved, having enough leave to take off, or worry about what my 'boss' will think. I am the boss! That's the beauty of it. And because of my residual income I don't really have to worry about money while I'm away. It just keeps on coming.

Network marketing also means I have the opportunity to earn an extra $200 - $800 per month part-time and $10,000-$50,000 a month and more full-time. And the harder I work, the more money I make. Can I say that about my day job? No! I know my day job pays me the same amount of money whether I sit at my desk and read emails all day or I do a Power Point presentation to 500 employees. It's all the same. So where is the monetary or time incentive to work hard? It's not there, but network marketing gives me the chance to prove myself and to know that I am in control of my success. If I work hard and learn, then success will come. I control my potential by my ability to turn up my drive, or down as it may be. I have the choice!

The greatest part about my new job is that almost anybody can do it. There are lawyers, doctors, teachers, actors, salespeople, mechanics, homemakers and many more who have joined the ranks of network marketers. It's the one career that doesn't require experience or a degree to succeed. Joining a network marketing company likens to joining a 'family' as you might say. They want you to succeed. They will do their best for you, train you, help you, and support you any way they can because if you succeed, they succeed, and anyone that comes in behind you has the same opportunity as you do. I don't know how many times I've started a new traditional job only to find out that the employer is not willing to train me. I'm completely on my own to learn and if I don't get it on my own, they'll hire someone else. Many employers don't care whether an employee succeeds or not, they just want the work done.

Another reason that I chose network marketing is that I could start part-time, testing the waters to find out if it was for me. The startup cost is minimal for most legitimate companies, so even if I decided that it wasn't for me, I would walk away with only a small monetary loss, and a large learning experience. Starting part-time gave me the flexibility to keep my current wages (my day job), which pays my bills, while using my free time to build my business making profits so that it can eventually replace my wages. That is my 'why' for joining the company; that is my driving force. As Jim Rohn, author of '7 Strategies for Wealth and Success' would say, "Profits are better than wages. Wages make you a living; profits make you a fortune." Jim goes on to say "I'm working full-time on my job and part time on my fortune. But it won't be long before I'm working full-time on my fortune...can you imagine what my life will look like?"

Network marketing offers everything that many are looking for: something to begin part-time and move into full time; a residual income as opposed to one dependent solely on time exchanged for wages; an unlimited income potential if one is willing to work hard at it; and a flexible schedule that would allow time for family and personal hobbies.

Why I chose the company I Work For

The key reason as to why I chose the company that I work for is that the products are something that I believe in. The quality is superior and the products are unique in that you can't find anything similar on the internet.

That's very important when choosing a network marketing company. Because no matter how many people you have selling the product, if the consumer can get it somewhere else, it just won't sell. And remember 36 distributors times 0 sales is still 0 profit.

The other main reason I chose my company is because the company believes in empowering others to take control of their lives, monetarily, healthwise, and legally.

Company stability is very important in a network marketing company. Statistics say that more than 80% of new network marketing companies fail within the first 2 years.

The last thing you want to look for is ethical and fair management. Many companies are in it for a while only to make money for themselves. They cheat distributors out of profits and they run the company like a boot camp, not listening to their customers or their distributors who are their lifeblood. Our company's management is amazingly fair. The company genuinely bestows the attitude that we are a family and we are working together for the good of the world.

So, I hope I have answered some questions that you have had on network marketing and the company I work for. I really believe that this type of business is the wave of the future. People just have to learn about it, be informed and make that critical decision to join the ranks and uncover their long lost freedom.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

0 意見:

張貼留言